How Many Calories in An Egg White: An egg white, also known as albumen, is a low calorie food. On average, one large egg white contains about 17 calories. However, the calorie content may vary slightly depending on the size of the egg.
Table of Contents
- Egg Nutrition Facts: What You Need to Know?
- Health Benefits of Egg Whites
- How Many Calories in An Egg White?
- How Many Calories in 1 Egg White?
- How Many Calories in Two Eggs?
- How Many Calories in An Egg Hard Boiled?
- How Many Calories in a Poached Egg?
- How Many Calories in a Fried Egg?
- How Many Calories in Egg Muffin?
- How Many Calories in Scrambled Eggs?
Egg Nutrition Facts: What You Need to Know?
Egg whites are very nutritious because they contain a lot of protein, and they don’t have any fat. It is the best choice for those who are really health conscious and want to avoid calories and fat, which is usually found when you eat whole egg.
Here is the nutrition facts for a large egg (50 grams) with the yolk:
|Carbs||Less Than 1 Gram|
|Vitamin A||245 IU|
|Vitamin D||41 IU|
|Vitamin B12||21% of the Daily Value (DV)|
|Iron||5% of the Daily Value (DV)|
According to the US Nutritious Database, when a person eat an eggs white, it provides them around 17 calories and 3.6 grams of protein.
Also, eggs contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two compounds known as carotenoids, which act as antioxidants, and help protect your eyes from damage and conditions like macular degeneration and cataracts. In addition, there is also another important nutrient found in eggs, which is known as Selenium.
Health Benefits of Egg Whites
Egg whites are the clear liquid part of an egg that is surrounds the yolk. Egg yolks are rich in calories and fat, while egg whites are high in protein and contain several essential nutrients, providing numerous health benefits. Here are some of the health benefits of egg whites:
01. High Rich Protein:- Egg whites are an excellent source of protein, containing all the essential amino acids the body needs to build and repair tissue, maintain muscle mass, and overall growth and development.
02. Low in Calories & Fat:- Egg whites are low in calories and fat. It is a suitable diet choice for those who want to control their weight or reduce their fat intake.
03. Cholesterol Free:- Egg whites are cholesterol free. It is a suitable choice for people with high cholesterol levels or following a low-cholesterol diet.
04. Nutrient Rich:- Egg whites do not contain as many nutrients as the yolk, still they provide essential vitamins and minerals. They are a good source of riboflavin, selenium, potassium, and magnesium.
How Many Calories in An Egg White?
The number of calories in an egg white depends on the size of the egg. Generally, the larger the egg, the more calories it will contain. Here is the calorie breakdown by size.
|Small Egg (38 Grams)||54 Calories|
|Medium Egg (44 Grams)||63 Calories|
|Large Egg (50 Grams)||72 Calories|
|Extra Large Egg (56 Grams)||80 Calories|
|Jumbo Egg (63 Grams)||90 Calories|
Related:- How Many Calories a Banana Has?
How Many Calories in 1 Egg White?
Depending on the size of the egg, the white of the egg contains about 17 calories. Egg whites are a great source of protein, and contains no fat. However, most of the nutrients and half of the protein in eggs are found in the yolk.
How Many Calories in Two Eggs?
Basically two large eggs contain 140 to 160 calories 620 kilojoules in total. However the exact calorie count can vary based on the size of the eggs.
|Unit||1 Egg (52g)||2 Eggs|
|Calories||74 Cal||148 Cal|
How Many Calories in An Egg Hard Boiled?
Above we have seen how many calories in an egg white, now we will discuss how many calories are in a hard boiled egg? – One hard boiled egg of 60g has 75 calories without adding any additional ingredients.
How Many Calories in a Poached Egg?
A poached egg is likely to contain fewer calories than scrambled or fried eggs. Basically a poached egg contains around 72 to 90 calories, and this count is for a normal poached egg without any added fats or oils used in the cooking process.
How Many Calories in a Fried Egg?
The number of calories in a fried egg depends on the amount and type of oil that is used for frying. Basically, using oil or butter to fry eggs can add more calories than boiled or poached eggs. However, a fried egg cooked in one tea spoon of oil or butter contains about 90 to 120 calories.
How Many Calories in Egg Muffin?
A homemade egg muffin made with a large egg, vegetables, and muffins can contain about 200 to 300 calories. However, the calorie count may depend on the specific recipe and ingredients used.
How Many Calories in Scrambled Eggs?
Scrambled eggs are one of the easiest and tastiest dishes. The calorie count of a scrambled egg can vary depending on the number of eggs used. Two large scrambled eggs cooked in oil or butter without adding any ingredients contain about 140 to 180 calories.