How to Lose Fat in Cheeks: Chubby cheeks can look cute, but, still some people wants to have sharp facial features and sculpted cheekbones. Having enough fat in your cheeks can help us look younger. Do you want to know how to lose fat face fast?
If so, you have come to the right place! Today, in this blog we will talk about the different methods that you can use to lose the amount of fat on your face.
Table of Contents
What Causes a Fat Face?
There are some different things that can cause a person to have a chubby face. Among them, genetics is one of the most common reasons behind fat face. If your parents or grandparents have chubby faces, you may also inherit a fat face from them.
Another reason why people may have a fat face is due to overweight as when your body gains weight, it often stores this fat in the cheeks and jowls. However, this can even happen if the person is not chubby overall. There are some exercise you can do to slim down your face fat.
How to Lose Fat in Cheeks: 8 Effective Tips
There are different ways you can do to reduce the amount of fat on your face. Though it’s challenging to lose fat in specific areas of the body, like cheeks, but you can adopt a healthy lifestyle that promotes overall fat loss, which may eventually lead to a reduction in cheek fat.
Here are some tips that can help:-
01. Do Cardio Exercise:- Cardio exercise helps you to burn calories. When you burn calories, you’re essentially burning fat, including the fat on your face. You can try some of the best cardio exercises like swimming, cycling, brisk walking, etc for reducing face fat include.
02. Try Facial Exercises:- You can also do some facial exercises besides cardio exercises to help tone the muscles in your face. This can help sculpt your face more and make fat less noticeable. There are lots of facial exercises you can try, such as:
- Fish Face: While sitting, suck your cheek and hold for five seconds. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Jawline Exercise: Open your mouth and move your jaw up & down. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Eye Squeeze: Close your eyes tightly and squeeze them shut for a while. Then, open your eyes wide & relax.
03. Reduce Salt Intake:- Eating too much salt with food can cause water retention, which can make your face puffy and bloated. If you want sharp face, it will be better to limit your salt intake or avoid processed foods altogether.
04. Drink Enough Water:- It is important to drink enough water for overall health. Also, drinking plenty of water helps reduce face fat and it keeps your skin hydrated and can prevent the appearance of puffiness.
05. Reduce Alcohol Consumption:- Alcohol is high in calories which can lead to excess fat on the face. When you consume alcohol, your body burns the alcohol before it burns any other nutrients, which can build up fat. Also, alcohol can make your skin appear puffy.
06. Improve Your Overall Diet:- It’s important to eat healthy diet for your overall health. Eating foods high in protein and fiber can help improve your metabolism.
Eating foods that are low in sugar, saturated fat can help lower the risk of conditions that can lead to excess fat on face. There below are some good foods to eat for healthy diet:
- High Protein Foods:- Fish, Eggs, Lentils, Beans, Lean Meat
- Fiber Rich Foods:- Fruits, Whole Grains, Vegetables
- Healthy Fats:- Seeds, Olive Oil, Avocado, Nuts
07. Get Enough Sleep:- It’s important to get enough sleep for your overall health along with healthy food. When you do not get enough sleep, your body produces more of the stress hormone cortisol, which can lead to weight gain, including facial fat.
08. Lifestyle Changes:- One of the best way to prevent facial fat is to maintain a overall weight by making lifestyle changes. Exercise daily, eat foods that rich in lean protein, and maintain a healthy weight.
Related:- How to Get a Lower Body Fat Percentage?
What Foods Make The Cheeks Fat?
There are no specific foods that directly target fat deposits on the cheeks or any specific body part. If you consume more calories than your body needs, you may gain weight, and this can contribute to fat accumulation in various parts of the body, including the cheeks.
There are few foods that can cause fat on face, such as:
- Processed snacks such as chips and cookies
- Fried foods like chicken tenders and egg roll
- Refined carbohydrates such as white bread and pasta
- Alcoholic foods
- Carbohydrate drinks like soda and juice
Avoid these kind of foods and consume whole foods, like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats.
How Long Does it Take to Lose Face Fat?
Above we have learned about ‘How to Lose Fat in Cheeks’ & its 8 effective ways. The timeline for losing cheek fat or body fat varies from person to person. It depends on factors such as overall body composition, lifestyle, and the methods you use for weight loss.
When you engage in a healthy weight loss approach including a balanced diet, and regular exercise, you can expect to see gradual changes in your body over time.
The rate of weight loss also varies. A general guideline is to aim for a safe and sustainable rate of 0.5-1 kg per week. Therefore, it may take a few weeks to lose face fat completely.
People Also Ask:
01. How Can I lose Cheek Fat in a Week?
⇒ It is a challenging task to lose cheek fat within a week. However, there are some basic guidelines you need to follow to reduce cheek fat quickly, such as healthy diet, facial exercise, reduce salt intake and alcohol consumption, etc.
02. What Causes Fat Cheeks?
⇒ The reason behind excess check fat is poor diet, lack of exercise, and genetic conditions. If your parents or grandparents have chubby faces, you may also inherit a fat face from them. Also, people struggle with chubby face due to their overweight because when your body gains weight, it often stores this fat in the cheeks and jowls.
03. What Foods Reduce Cheek Fat?
⇒ There are some foods like avocado, whole grains, green tea, fish, beans and legumes, etc that can help you to lose your cheek fat.
04. How Do I Exercise My Face?
⇒ You can do some facial exercises to help tone the muscles in your face. This can help sculpt your face more and make fat less noticeable. There are lots of facial exercises you can try, such as Cheek Puff Exercise, Smile Exercise, Fish Face Exercise, Jawline Exercise, etc.
05. Can Chewing Gum Reduce Face Fat?
⇒ The answer is ‘NO‘. It is a popular myth that chewing gum reduces cheek fat but the simple fact is that you can not reduce fat from one spot. However, chewing gum can give your facial muscles a good workout but it dies not effect in reducing cheek fat.
06. What Exercise Burns the Most Face Fat?
⇒ Exercise like chin lift, face lift, tongue rolling, sinha mudra or lion face, etc can burns the most face fat.
07. What Fruits Help Lose Face Fat?
⇒ Fresh fruits like apple, watermelon, kiwi, banana are effective in reducing cheek fat.
08.What Vegetables Help Lose Face Fat?
⇒ Vegetables like broccoli, cucumber, spinach, mushroom, pumpkin can give you effective results.
09. Can Drinking Water Reduce Face Fat?
⇒ Drinking water indirectly helps in weight loss and reduces face fat. When you lose weight, your entire body, including your face, lose weight.
10. How Many Glass of Water Should I Drink to Lose Face Fat?
⇒ As per a common guidelines, it is recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, which is approximately 2 liters or half a gallon. However, there is no specific number of glasses of water directly related to losing cheek fat.